5-spice Pork chop
- Four each 4-5 oz. pork loin chops
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Mirin
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. Brown sugar
- 1 tsp. 5-spice powder
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 4 each star anise
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Place pork chops in shallow pan
- Combine soy, mirin, sesame oil, brown sugar, 5-spice, salt, star anise and garlic. Mix well. Reserve ¼ of marinade. Pour remainder of marinade over pork and all to marinate for one hour. Remove chops from marinade and pat dry
- Heat vegetable oil in sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add pork and allow to sear on both sides. Finish in pre-heated 375° oven until internal temperature of 145°.
- Place reserved marinade in small saucepan over medium heat and allow to reduce slightly. Drizzle over pork.
These chops would be great with a simple rice dish and sautéed broccoli rabe!